Saturday, December 29, 2012

Dumping kittens....thank you to an irresponsible person

Today I got a call from one of the cat ladies that 5 kittens had been dumped in a colony she feeds on the southside. Could I come and help?  Well, after a couple of calls, I'd found some help. The kittens are about 5 weeks old and precious.  After helping with transport, I started thinking about who would take 7 (imagine that! there were a couple hiding) just weaned kittens and dump them outside? My weather widget says the temperature is 44 and there is a high wind

Of course, several of my favorite descriptors came to mind and I just gritted my teeth. The easiest solution that would have prevented this newest mess is access to low cost spay/neuter. Get your animals fixed, stopped dumping and Happy New Year!

No comments: